Sign up for our newsletter to get regular updates!


Owosso Main Street is privileged to have these historic, natural, cultural, and artistic assets (and the wonderful non-profit organizations that run them) within our district. Over the past few years there has been a coordinated effort to collaborate and find ways to better promote our community and these assets. We have had a lot of success during that time building stronger relationships amongst organizations and have started new, coordinated efforts.

downtown owosso farmers market logo

Are you looking for locally grown, fresh produce, baked goods and hand made arts and crafts? Do you love to socialize with old friends and make new ones? Maybe you enjoy just getting out and spending time in the fresh air. located in the heart of our beautiful historic downtown on Exchange Street the market offers an amazing variety of dedicated vendors that bring fresh baked goods, meats, eggs, bagels, honey, cheese, organic foods, sushi, fresh locally grown veggies, flowers, ready to eat foods, handmade crafts and so much more! From our farms to your tables. All of these things, and more, make the Downtown Owosso Farmers Market the place to be on Saturday mornings!

The Downtown Owosso Farmers Market strives to promote a strong local economy, support our downtown businesses, celebrate our talented and diverse community and foster a social gathering place where relationships are built and our community grows together!

May and October: 9am – 1pm
June thru September: 8pm – 1pm

owosso historical commission logo

The Curwood Collection is maintained, supported and preserved by the Owosso Historical Commission, whose vision “To Foster Appreciation and Discovery of Owosso’s Heritage,” is supported by our mission “To recognize, preserve and bring public attention to the historical treasures of the city and to promote a historical interest in the arts.”

The Curwood Collection also includes the Ivan Conger Archive Room which houses the letters and personal papers of James Oliver Curwood and Ivan Conger, and the Curwood Collection Historical Archives. Both are located at the Amos Gould House.


Curwood Castle – Writing and Conservation Studio Museum
Comstock Pioneer Cabin
Woodard Paymaster Building
Amos Gould House
Ivan Conger Archive Room
Historical Archives

owosso community players logo

The Owosso Community Players, at the Lebowsky Center, have a rich history that carries on the legacy of Joseph Lebowsky who opened The Capitol Theater in 1926 as a “boon to the neighborhood.” From humble beginnings in the 1930s, to the eventual founding of a regular theatre group in the 1950s, over 350 shows have been performed through the stages of our history welcoming actors of all ages.

The Owosso Community Players continue to rebound and grow from the devastating fire in 2007, reopening in 2014. Dedicated to its mission to Educate, Entertain, and Enrich lives by providing a quality performing arts experience, the Owosso Community Players at the Lebowsky Center, produce 4 musicals and 3 plays each season, as well as a children’s summer workshop and/or Jr. Show. In addition, they bring in outside artists to expand the cultural offerings to the community and beyond. OCP, as a nonprofit organization, is honored to play a part in the cultural and economic growth of Owosso.

shiawassee arts center logo

Located in Curwood Castle Park overlooking the Shiawassee River in downtown Owosso, the Shiawassee Arts Center offers quality arts and cultural activities that educate, entertain and enhance the quality of life for local residents and visitors. These activities include featured art exhibitions, a specialty gift shop, year-round art classes for children and adults, the Frederick C. Frieseke Impressionist Gallery, and special events. In addition, the beautiful River Gallery and open-air terrace is available for rent.

owosso amphitheater logo

The beautiful outdoor setting along the river, across from Curwood Castle near downtown Owosso, Michigan, is home to concerts and events all summer long.
The Summer Concert Series includes a variety of music styles including R&B, country, rock, big band, and folk. Bring your blanket or bag chair and relax in the beautiful outdoors.

All concerts are free, but an at-will collection is taken at intermission.

steam railroading institute logo

The Steam Railroading Institute is the product of the Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation Inc. For many years, the MSTRP centered on a single steam locomotive, former Pere Marquette Railway No. 1225. After 1225’s retirement, the locomotive was donated to the Michigan State University in 1957 by the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway with the help of Forest Akers; Dodge Motors, Vice President and MSU Trustee, who saw it as a real piece of machinery for Engineering students to study.
Displayed as an icon of the steam-era, it sat at MSU until 1969, when a group of students took an interest in the locomotive. The Michigan State University Railroad Club was formed at that time with the ambitious goal of restoring 1225 and using it to power excursion trains that would bring passengers to football games at the university. After toiling away at the locomotive for many years, the Michigan State University Railroad Club evolved as the Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation and started its corporate run in July of 1979. Recognizing the daunting task that was ahead of them, the early MSU students saw the necessity to form a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation and in 1981, Michigan State University donated 1225 to the newly formed MSTRP. In 1982, the locomotive was moved to the former Ann Arbor Railway Backshop in Owosso where the restoration continued until 1985 when it moved under its own power for the first in 34 years. Since 1988, Pere Marquette 1225 has been maintained in operable condition and serves as the largest piece of operating steam equipment in the MSTRP/ SRI collection.

In the past forty plus years, the Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation and Steam Railroading Institute have grown tremendously; now housing two steam locomotives, one diesel locomotive, and a fleet of passenger cars, plus numerous pieces of rolling stock. Situated on the site of the old Ann Arbor Railroad’s steam shops and roundhouse, the Steam Railroading Institute offers visitors a firsthand look at the intricacies of working steam locomotives and the equipment that operated with them.